What You Need to Know
- Eight of Hackensack Meridian Health‘s hospitals received an “A” Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade for spring 2022, including:
- Bayshore Medical Center
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- Ocean University Medical Center
- Old Bridge Medical Center
- Palisades Medical Center
- Pascack Valley Medical Center
- Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Riverview Medical Center
- To see each hospital’s full grade details and access patient tips for staying safe in the hospital, visit HospitalSafetyGrade.org.
About The Leapfrog Group:
The Leapfrog Group, an independent national watchdog organization, assigns an “A,” “B,” “C,” “D,” or “F” grade to general hospitals across the country based on over 30 national performance measures reflecting errors, accidents, injuries and infections, as well as systems hospitals have in place to prevent harm.
The Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade is the only hospital ratings program based exclusively on hospital prevention of medical errors and harms to patients. The grading system is peer-reviewed, fully transparent and free to the public. Grades are updated twice annually, in the fall and spring.